|Host city||Akita, Zerox|
|Opening act||American Authors - Deep Water|
|Interval act||Parade of dog breeds|
|Number of entries||38 of 43|
|Debuting countries|| Dodo |
|Returning countries|| Cefloana |
|Withdrawing countries|| Saõ Jung |
|Voting system||Each country awards 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 and 1 point to all songs in the Semifinals. Read Voting Rules for more info.|
If any new countries wish to join, please visit the Joining Zendari Song Contest page for more info.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Basic Zendari Rules:
- The running time of the song cannot be less than 1:30, and the song cannot be longer than 10 minutes.
- No song is too mainstream or obscure for Zendarifestivalen. However, the song must not have competed in Eurovision Song Contest or Zendari Song Contest.
- A music video is not essential but the song must be available on YouTube. Contestants will be allowed to upload and submit a song themselves, provided that it is not removed by the copyright holder.
- The song cannot have competed in Zendari Song Contest or Zendarifestivalen previously, including if the song has been sung by a different artist.
- An artist cannot sing two songs in a contest. First come, first served.
- Instrumentals, covers and remixes of songs are allowed, however, mashups and remixes where several songs are included are not allowed.
- All songs must be free of hateful and discriminating lyrics.
- Feel free to make a page for an artist/duo and claim that they're from your country, however, there is no rule that people have to ask you for permission in order to send an artist from your country. Feel free to ask for permission, but it's not a rule that you must follow.
- There are no restrictions relating to spoken language of entries, however all lyrics must follow the same rules.
Some other rules just for Zendarifestivalen:
- Everyone with a country is allowed to participate. Countries that haven't participated in Zendari Song Contest is allowed to compete.
- The contest will follow the format of Melodifestivalen with 4 semi finals, a second chance and a grand final.
- The voting in each semifinal will be 75% juries and 25% televote. Juries -> the countries that participating in that semifinal, they vote by the original 12-1 points. The televote is a poll for everyone to vote in, even people who isn't in that semifinal. The votes in the poll will be changed into % to know how much points each entry gets from the televote.
- In each semifinal (if its 8 participants in each), 2 countries will go to the grand final, 2 countries will go to the second chance, 4 will be eliminated. This could change if there will be more than 8 countries in each semifinal.
- This contest only have 41 spots, so please only join if you have time for it. If you join and forget to vote in semis/second chance or the final, you will be banned from 1 edition of Zendarifestivalen.
Feel free to talk to the management with ideas or if you think we should change any rules.
Voting Rules[edit | edit source]
Here is how you vote:
Always send in all of your votes in private to Tottzi#0541 on Discord!
You MUST vote in the semi final your country is participating in. Participants in a semi final will give out 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 and 1 point.
There is also a televote/heartvoting. All the people and countries that DON'T participate in a semi final can vote. Example, Vasseau is in Semi Final 1. But they can still vote in Semi Final 2, 3 and 4 by giving out 0 to 5 hearts to every song, this will count as televotes/heartvotes.
So there will be jurypoint and televotepoints in each semi final.
In the Grand Final it will be 50% juryvote and 50% televote.
Juryvotes: All the 12 countries who participate in the final. They will give out 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points.
Televote: All countries who DON'T participate in the final. The can give out 0 to 5 hearts PER SONG.
Participating countries[edit | edit source]
Other countries[edit | edit source]
Eligibility for potential participation in Zendari Song Contest requires a national broadcaster with an active ZBA membership that is be able to broadcast the contest. All countries with an active ZBA membership have been given an invitation to join this edition.
Active ZBA countries[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]