Zendari Song Contest 3
|Zendari Song Contest 3|
|Host broadcaster||Qyzylshalar Ulutuk Taratu (QUT)|
|Opening act||Semi Final 1: Oonagh performing "Aulë und Yavanna"|
Semi Final 2: Sagi Abitbul performing "Mariko"
Grand Final: Elina Netsajeva performing "La Forza"
|Interval act||Semi Final 1: Zhanar Dugalova performing "Izin Korem" and "Rizamin" |
Semi Final 2: MIRA performing "Uit De Tine" and "Bella"
Grand Final: Oonagh performing "Gäa" and "Aulë und Yavanna"
|Number of entries||43|
|Debuting countries|| Borschóviya|
|Withdrawing countries|| Chattahoochee|
St. Vitus & Roch
|Voting system||Each country awards 12, 10, then 8 through 1 points to their 10 favorite songs.|
|Winning song|| Titonüi |
|Zendari Song Contest|
Zendari Song Contest 3 is the third edition of Zendari Song Contest. It will most be hosted in Qyzylsha, the winning country from the previous edition. The contest will consist of two semi-finals and a final.
43 countries participated in this edition, with 4 countries competing for the first time, 1 country returning to the contest and 6 countries withdrawing from Zendari Song Contest.
- 1 Location
- 2 Returning artists
- 3 Participating countries
- 4 Incidents
- 5 International broadcasts and voting
- 6 Other countries
- 7 Gallery
- 8 See also
On 5th of February 2018, The broadcaster of the Republic of Qyzylsha announced that it would host the contest and called for various cities throughout the country to place bids to host the contest. After the bidding process had concluded it was revealed that the contest would take place in the city of Ul-Azaar, the capital and largest city, in the Azaar Amphitheatre which had been used as the venue for various concerts and events since being opening in 2009. The arena is one of the most modern in the country and boasts a capacity of 65,000, making it the largest in the country.
A few venues have been announced to have shown interest in hosting the contest. The ZBA announced the conditions under which cities and venues could announce their interest in hosting the contest.
- The host city has to be near a major airport.
- The venue must have good connections to public transport.
- The venue must be available for at least six weeks before the contest and one week after the conclusion of the contest.
- The venue must not be open-air, but an air-conditioned building with a capacity of at least 10,000 and a minimum ceiling height of 15 metres (49 ft), insulated for sound and light.
- The green room must be located as close to the arena as possible (or within it), with a capacity of 300.
|Yuzurunut||Yuzurunut Park||48,600||Yuzurunut Park is the biggest arena used for sport in Qyzylsha and was the first venue to place a bid to host the contest. This was rumored to be the initial choice of the Qyzylshan broadcaster, however, the arena is much older in comparison to others and is on the opposite side of the city to the airport.|
|Ul-Azaar||Azaar Amphitheatre||65,000||The largest arena in the whole of Qyzylsha and was purpose-built for concerts and international competition in 2009. The Arena was chosen due to its strategic location in the vicinity of the airport as well due to the fact it is equipped with all the latest technology as it hosts major tv events on a regular occasion.|
|Ul-Azaar Exhibition Hall||16,000||The Ul-Azaar Exhibition Hall was the first arena to be built in the capital and has hosted many internal events raging from The International Book Festival, Art and Design Exhibitions and Comic Conventions.|
|Ozbülar||Stadion Ozbülar||22,800||Stadion Ozbülar is home to Ozbülar FK (Konarski Fudbal Klub) who were willing to finance the building of a roof over the building as currently, the arena was an open air one. QUT deemed the cost of the roof to be too much especially considering there were other arenas who possessed a roof and were in better locations too.|
|Kunurum||Doma Kunurum||36,000||The Doma Kunurum announced their bid to host the contest on February 7th and support quickly amassed for the arena as it was the closest to Oonagh's birthplace of Əyun in the province of Shukhrayan. Despite this, the arena is one of the oldest in Lyrisia and would have to undergo extensive renovation in preparation of the Zendari Song Contest|
|Goriyok||Goriyok Arena||10,200||Seating 10,200 people, Goriyok Arena, located in the province of Mulur, was the smallest venue to submit a bid to host the contest. However, the owners of the venue stated that it would be good for Qyzylsha to host the contest somewhere other than the main cities as tourists would get a chance to see other cities.|
|Offriano||Elina Born||"In or Out"||#2 (for Offriano)|
|Teardrop Islands||Noah Cyrus (featuring MØ)||"We Are..."||#2 (for Cine)|
|Tibiris||Lynn Gunn (apart of PVRIS)||"My House"||#2 (for Tibiris)|
Everyone is able to vote in both semi-finals. Everyone who votes in the opposite semi that they're not in will have their points added together separately, with the top scorer being the 11th qualifier of each semi-final.
Countries who are not competing in this edition are also allowed to vote, but must vote in both semi-finals in order for their points to be counted.
Semi Final 1
A video showcasing the qualifiers can be found here.
* Note 1 - Gigabyte failed to vote in the first semi-final, and as a result, they were disqualified and automatically placed last.
* Note 2 - Moo received the highest amount of points amongst the international jurors and was picked as the 11th qualifier.
Semi Final 2
A video showcasing the qualifiers can be found here.
A video showcasing the results can be found here.
On the 7th of February 2018, it was announced that Dua Lipa was going to be the Shairian entrant in Zendari Song Contest 3, with the song "Genesis". However, on the 8th of February 2018, it was revealed that Dua Lipa had snapped her ribcage, and was forced to pull out of the contest. Later on in the week, The Shairian Life announced that Nicky Tučková would represent Shairia with the song "Rich Boy". On 17th February 2018, Tučková herself revealed that she had to go through a secret selection with 4 other artists like Hildur and Eleni Foureira, to see who would replace Lipa. SBC announced that the selection was meant to be kept secret, forcing Tučková to pay a fine of 10,000 Lurekp. Because of her fine, Tučková decided to have a change of plan in staging, selling the cupboard she was using for 50,000 Lurekp, just so she could get her money back.
The winners from O Melodie Din Inimă 2 cooled severely. They will sing in the 4th edition for their country, but for the 3rd edition song will be decided through an internal jury.
International broadcasts and voting
The contest was broadcasted in over 50 countries.
Eligibility for potential participation in Zendari Song Contest requires a national broadcaster with an active ZBA membership that is be able to broadcast the contest. All countries with an active ZBA membership have been given an invitation to join this edition.
Active ZBA countries
- Chattahoochee - Despite placing in the top 5 in the previous edition, National Television of Chattahoochee announced their withdrawal from the contest on the 28th of January 2018, citing time constraints as the main reason for their withdrawal. It is assumed that the country will return to Zendari Song Contest in the near future.
- Cojones - On the 7th of February 2018, El Sputniko announced their withdrawal from the contest, due to lack of time.
- Landland - On the 7th of Feburary 2018, LandTV announced their withdrawal from the contest, citing bad results as the main reason for their withdrawal, but also that their music taste were not similar to the other countries who were competing in the contest. They did not rule out a return in the future.
- Mayeria - On the 5th of February 2018, JM4K announced their withdrawal from the contest, due to coming last in the previous edition. It is unknown if they will compete in any upcoming editions of the contest.
- St. Vitus & Roch - On the 5th of February 2018, Víθs Radijos announced that they would be withdrawing from Zendari Song Contest, and that a return was unlikely to happen. A reason behind this decision has not been made public.
- Sosij - On the 14th of February 2018, it was announced by the Head of Delegation, Brianna, that Sosij may make a last minute withdrawal from the contest, claiming they were not happy about the process of fat shaming within the competing nations, or the use of names negatively whilst people are not present. Despite this, Sosij decided to stay in the contest.
- The Zarélands - On the 2nd of February 2018, the national broadcaster of The Zarélands announced that they would withdraw from the contest due to lack of time, but that they would return in the future.
Inactive ZBA countries
- Elune - Despite applying to be apart of the contest (but failing to join, due to the current edition being full), Elune submitted votes for the semi-finals, as an international juror. They also submitted votes for the grand final, as part of the Rest of the World jurors.
- Franova - Despite applying to be apart of the contest (but failing to join, due to the current edition being full), Franova submitted votes for the semi-finals, as an international juror. They also submitted votes for the grand final, as part of the Rest of the World jurors.
- Purple Country - Despite applying to be apart of the contest (but failing to join, due to the current edition being full), Purple Country submitted votes for the grand final, as part of the Rest of the World jurors.
- Rosalina - Despite applying to be apart of the contest (but failing to join, due to the current edition being full), Rosalina submitted votes for the grand final, as part of the Rest of the World jurors.
- Vendujo - Despite applying to be apart of the contest (but failing to join, due to the current edition being full), Vendujo submitted votes for the grand final, as part of the Rest of the World jurors.
- Violía - Despite applying to be apart of the contest (but failing to join, due to the current edition being full), Violía submitted votes for the grand final, as part of the Rest of the World jurors.
- Wallovudia - Despite applying to be apart of the contest (but failing to join, due to the current edition being full), Wallovudia submitted votes for the semi-finals, as an international juror.
Semi Finals & Final
Semi Finals & Final