Zendari Song Contest 17
|Zendari Song Contest 17|
Don't Be Defined
|Semi-final(s)||2 November 2019|
|Final||14 November 2019|
|Host city||Modisha, Yakolira|
|Venue||Palise lo Melodiyene|
|Host broadcaster||Yakoliran National Broadcasting (YNB)|
|Opening act||Semi Final 1: M¥SS KETA performing "Una Donna Che Conta"|
Semi Final 2: Sam Fender performing "Hypersonic Missiles" and "Dead Boys"
Grand Final: Flag parade and traditional Yakoliran dance performance
|Interval act||Semi Final 1: Ted Loveday says "Hapax Legomenon" until dragged off by security |
Semi Final 2: The audience is legally allowed to attack Blaire White through any means necessary
Grand Final: M¥SS KETA performing "Una Vita in Capslock" and Florence Welch exists
|Number of entries||43|
|Returning countries|| Diversia|
|Withdrawing countries|| Atkanzia|
|Voting system||Each country awards 12, 10, then 8 through 1 points to their 10 favorite songs.|
|Winning song|| Sangviland|
|Zendari Song Contest|
Zendari Song Contest 16 is the seventeenth edition of Zendari Song Contest. It was hosted in Modisha, Yakolira, the winning country of the previous edition. The contest consisted of two semi-finals and a final.
43 countries participated in this edition, with 5 countries returning and a 5 countries withdrawing from Zendari Song Contest.
Location[edit | edit source]
A list of venues interested in hosting the seventeenth edition of Zendari Song Contest was revealed. 3 venues have been announced to have shown interest in hosting the contest. The ZBA announced the conditions under which cities and venues could announce their interest in hosting the contest.
- The host city has to be near a major airport.
- The venue must have good connections to public transport.
- The venue must be available for at least six weeks before the contest and one week after the conclusion of the contest.
- The venue must not be open-air, but an air-conditioned building with a capacity of at least 10,000 and a minimum ceiling height of 15 metres (49 ft), insulated for sound and light.
- The green room must be located as close to the arena as possible (or within it), with a capacity of 300.
|Modisha||Palise lo Melodiyene||23,458||Main venue in Yakolira, hosts several major concerts and national music events|
|Girali||Arena Giraliye||Considered a strong contender for hosting until the City of Girali Council pulled out of the race, citing budget concerns.|
|Ziyabata||Chale Diyamontiye||Has hosted many events in the past, but Ziyabati did not have enough hotel capacity to be able to host.|
Participating countries[edit | edit source]
Semi Final 1[edit | edit source]
* Note 1 - Sutru failed to vote in the first semi-final, and as a result, they were disqualified and automatically placed last.
* Note 2 - Moo received the highest amount of points amongst the international jurors and was picked as the 11th qualifier.
Semi Final 2[edit | edit source]
Grand Final[edit | edit source]
Other countries[edit | edit source]
Eligibility for potential participation in Zendari Song Contest requires a national broadcaster with an active ZBA membership that is be able to broadcast the contest. All countries with an active ZBA membership have been given an invitation to join this edition.
Active ZBA countries[edit | edit source]
- Zamolodchikova - On the 3 October, Zamolodchikova was confirmed to be withdrawing from the contest, having failed to vote in both the Semi Final and Grand Final in the previous edition.
Inactive ZBA countries[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]