Zendari Song Contest 14
|Zendari Song Contest 14|
|Semi-final(s)||1 July 2019|
|Final||15 July 2019|
|Host broadcaster||Xaliqtyva Muzyka Viaščaĺnik (XMV)|
|Opening act||Semi-Final 1: "Retribution" performed by Tanya Tagaq|
Semi-Final 2: "Let It Go" performed by Kat Slater
Grand Final: "The Power of Love" performed by Gabrielle Aplin
|Interval act||Semi-Final 1: "That Other Ponyboy" performed by Sevdaliza and SOPHIE|
Semi-Final 2: "Give Hard" performed by Kerli and Betta Lemme
Grand Final: "Salvation" performed by Gabrielle Aplin
|Number of entries||42|
|Debuting countries|| Atkanzia|
|Returning countries|| Gigabyte|
|Withdrawing countries|| Alotraxia|
|Voting system||Each country awards 12, 10, then 8 through 1 points to their 10 favorite songs.|
|Winning song|| Alirie|
|Zendari Song Contest|
Zendari Song Contest 14 is the fourteenth edition of Zendari Song Contest. It was hosted in Xaliqtyva, the winning country of the previous edition. The contest consisted of two semi-finals and a final.
41 countries participated in this edition, with 5 countries competing for the first time, 5 countries returning and a (record) 11 countries withdrawing from Zendari Song Contest.
- 1 Format
- 2 Location
- 3 Pots
- 4 Returning artists
- 5 Participating countries
- 6 International broadcasts and voting
- 7 Incidents
- 8 Other countries
- 9 See also
Format[edit | edit source]
There are no changes to the format of the contest this edition.
Location[edit | edit source]
A list of venues interested in hosting the fourteenth edition of Zendari Song Contest was revealed.
Bidding phase[edit | edit source]
TBA venues have been announced to have shown interest in hosting the contest. The ZBA announced the conditions under which cities and venues could announce their interest in hosting the contest.
- The host city has to be near a major airport.
- The venue must have good connections to public transport.
- The venue must be available for at least six weeks before the contest and one week after the conclusion of the contest.
- The venue must not be open-air, but an air-conditioned building with a capacity of at least 10,000 and a minimum ceiling height of 15 metres (49 ft), insulated for sound and light.
- The green room must be located as close to the arena as possible (or within it), with a capacity of 300.
|Liudzi||Almaznykupal||63,900||Popular venue, mainly used for concerts for international artists.|
|Liunievaj Arena||35,600||Hosted the first edition of Themedari Song Contest|
Pots[edit | edit source]
Pots for the Zendari Song Contest are based off of voting patterns and voting similarities. The pots will be used for semi final allocations for the 14th edition of Zendari Song Contest.
Returning artists[edit | edit source]
|Elune||Valentino Khan||"Pony"||#6 & #9 (for Elune)|
|Karanova||Gabrielle Aplin||"Miss You"||#4 (for Xaliqtyva)|
|Nuevo Province||Betta Lemme||"Play"||#3 (for Diversia)|
#10 (for Elune)
|Sosij||VINCINT||"Please Don't Fall in Love"||#6 (for Vasseau)|
|St. Vitus & Roch||Lady Gaga||"Scheiße"||#3 (for Junker)|
#9 (for Campre)
#12 (for Kydziya)
|Zerox||Ilira (featuring Juan Magan)||"Diablo"||#13 (for Zerox)|
Participating countries[edit | edit source]
All countries have until the 19th of June 2019 23:59 CEST to reveal their entry!
Semi Final 1[edit | edit source]
On the 25th of June 2019, it was announced that St. Vitus and Roch would be withdrawn from the edition with immediate effect. All of its points were reallocated.
|01||Epral||English||FEMM||"Fxxk Boyz Get Money"||5||71|
|03||Vovaltik||English||Haiku Hands||"Not About You"||4||92|
|05||St. Vitus & Roch||English, Imaginary||Lady Gaga||"Scheiße"||18 ||24|
|06||Mond Sabyar||English||Kovacs||"Black Spider"||15||35|
|08||Rosalina||English||Kiiara||"Open My Mouth"||10||59|
|09||Yakolira||English||Dominic Fike||"3 Nights"||13 ||43|
|10||Omiina||English||Aly Ryan||"Be Alright"||11||58|
|11||Wo Xi||English||Doja Cat||"Mooo!"||2||101|
|14||Marnos||Hebrew||Shaked Molcho||"How Dare I"||9||61|
|15||Draydal||English||Conan Grey||"Draydial God"||14||41|
|16||Xobrania||English||Katy Perry||"Never Really Over"||1||127|
|17||Jojo's Reich||Chinese||A-Niu||"Tan Kheng Song"||16||13|
|18||Shairia||English||Phoebe Ryan||"A Thousand Ways"||12||45|
* Note 1 - Gigabyte and St. Vitus & Roch failed to vote in the first semi-final, and as a result, they were disqualified and automatically placed last.
* Note 2 - Yakolira received the highest amount of points amongst the international jurors and was picked as the 11th qualifier.
Semi Final 2[edit | edit source]
|01||Sosij||English||VINCINT||"Please Don't Fall in Love"||10||63|
|02||Chattahoochee||English||Finding Kate||"I Feel Bad"||15||46|
|03||Hexia||English||Shireen||"So Human Of You"||19||27|
|04||Üsmile||English||Holy Wars||"Born Dark"||14 ||47|
|08||Alirie||English||Salt Ashes||"Save It"||2||97|
|10||Fokland||English||Kacey Musgraves||"High Horse"||4||90|
|11||Nuevo Province||English||Betta Lemme||"Play"||7||67|
|13||Cefloana||English, German||Kim Petras||"In The Next Life"||11||60|
|14||Karanova||English||Gabrielle Aplin||"Miss You"||13||50|
|16||Haña||English||MISSIO||"I See You"||1||117|
|17||Tibiris||English||Ensiferum||"Feast with Valkyries"||18||39|
|18||Sierra||English||Mio's Mountain||"Find It"||16||45|
|19||Moo||English||Cobi||"Church of the Lonely"||3||97|
Grand final[edit | edit source]
International broadcasts and voting[edit | edit source]
The contest will be broadcasted in over 60 countries.
Spokespersons[edit | edit source]
Incidents[edit | edit source]
Death of Isador[edit | edit source]
On the 29th of May 2019, Laigheach Radio and Televison (LRT) revealed that the singer-songwriter Isador would be representing the country in the upcoming contest with his song "Jungle". However, later that day Isador was found dead outside a supermarket with 42 bulletholes throughout his body. The death is not being treated as suspicious.
Other countries[edit | edit source]
Eligibility for potential participation in Zendari Song Contest requires a national broadcaster with an active ZBA membership that is be able to broadcast the contest. All countries with an active ZBA membership have been given an invitation to join this edition.
Active ZBA countries[edit | edit source]
- Alotraxia - On 16 May 2019, after submitting their national jury votes, the national broadcaster, Alotraxian Television and Radio Transmission (ATARAX) announced that the thirteenth edition. Would be their last edition and chose to withdraw.
- Pōuto - On 24 May 2019, after submitting their jury votes, the broadcaster confirmed that they would withdraw due to time constraints, a return in the future is possible.
- Purple Country - While the broadcaster originally confirmed their participation, on 29 May 2019 right after the final of thirteenth edition they announced their withdraw from the contest, saying that they are no longer interested in participating after not having good placements in the contest.
- Qyzylsha - On 25 May 2019, after submitting their jury votes, the broadcaster announced that the thirteenth edition would be their last edition.
- Sakao - On 26 May 2019, following disqualification for not broadcasting and not voting in the shows, the broadcaster announced that the thirteenth edition would be their last edition (for the foreseeable future) that they participate in due to various circumstances.
- Wallica - On 19 June 2019, Radio Wallainie failed to submit an entry to the contest, citing budget cuts within the broadcaster.
Inactive ZBA countries[edit | edit source]
- Vovaltik - On 13 May 2019, Voval Television & Radio (VTVR) expressed their desire to debut in the fourteenth edition of Zendari Song Contest, but was promptly declined with the statement "sadly, the contest is currently full, but we will invite countries on the waiting list whenever we have the capacity to do so". They were also thanked for showing interest in debuting in the contest. Despite not appearing on the final list of participating countries, they were announced to be replacing Wallica on the 19 June 2019.
See also[edit | edit source]