Zendari Song Contest 10
|Zendari Song Contest 10|
|Number of entries||57 (to date)|
|Guest countries|| Carlamastia|
|Returning countries|| Heda Nation|
|Withdrawing countries|| Cine|
|Voting system||Each country awards 12, 10, then 8 through 1 points to their 10 favorite songs.|
|Zendari Song Contest|
Zendari Song Contest 10 is the tenth edition of Zendari Song Contest. It will most likely be hosted in the winning country of the previous edition. The contest will consist of three semi-finals and a final. This is the first edition to include more than two semi-finals.
The third semi-final will only include countries on the waiting list. There will be no debutants for this edition. The two qualifiers from the third semi-final will be invited to join the main contest, regardless of their position on the waiting list.
If any new country wishes to join, please visit the Joining Zendari Song Contest page for more info.
Provisional list of participating countries[edit | edit source]
All countries have until the 19th of November 2018 23:59 CET to confirm their participation, and until the 24th of November 23:59 CET to reveal their entry.
Waiting list participants[edit | edit source]
|Carlamastia||Carlamastia Calling 3|
|Mond Sabyar||St. Vincent|
|Omiina||English||Alexiane||"A Million On My Soul"|
|Phillipino Islands||Spanish, Portuguese||Lali ft. Pabllo Vittar||"Caliente"|
|Traffia||Vitaveba di Salvia Garos Mani|
International broadcasts and voting[edit | edit source]
The contest will be broadcasted in over 50 countries.
Spokespersons[edit | edit source]
Waiting List Spokespersons[edit | edit source]
Other countries[edit | edit source]
Eligibility for potential participation in Zendari Song Contest normally requires a national broadcaster with an active ZBA membership that is be able to broadcast the contest. All countries with an active ZBA membership have been given an invitation to join this edition.
Active ZBA countries[edit | edit source]
- Cine - Colleagues Is Lovingly Fantastic (CILF) announced very early that they were considering withdrawing from Zendari Song Contest for one edition. Their withdrawal was confirmed on the 13th of November 2018. A return in the eleventh edition is very likely.
- Draydal - On 14 November 2018, the Draydials Broadcaster (DB) announced their withdrawal from the contest, citing financial crisis and budget restrictions as factors that influenced this decision. A return in the eleventh edition is "likely".
- Sakao - On the 14th of November 2018, shortly after the results of the previous edition, Sakao Broadcast Corporation (SBC) was asked about their participation in edition #10. The delegation promptly answered the question with "fucking chaos", and stated that they would return in the following edition.
- Xaliqtyva - On the 13th of November 2018, Xaliqtyva Muzyka Viaščaĺnik (XMV) announced that they were seeking interest in returning to Zendari Song Contest again. However, the management team has put their invitation on hold, along with the following statement; "edition #10 is looking like it's going to be full, but we will do our best to ensure that Xaliqtyva can return to the contest". A final statement will be released in the coming days.
Inactive ZBA countries[edit | edit source]
- Hexia - On the 30th of October 2018, Hexian National Media (HNM) declined the invitation to participate as a guest this edition, with the reason that "we wish to give the chance for other waiting list countries to compete, we have no problem with waiting".
- Kiastirrá - On the 29th of October 2018, Kimotén Tilinviso Giatokak (KTG) declined the invitation to participate as a guest this edition, and requested to be removed from the waiting list. Their reason behind the action was that "we have no interest in Zendari Song Contest anymore".
- Orontonia - On the 29th of October 2018, Television of Orontonia (TOO) declined the invitation to participate as a guest this edition, with the reason that "we are currently not interested to participate in Zendari Song Contest".
- Sangviland - On the 29th of October 2018, Sangviniska Television och Radio (STR) declined the invitation to participate as a guest this edition. They gave no reason behind the declined invitation.
- Schymanland - On the 30th of October 2018, the delegation of Schymanland declined the invitation to participate as a guest this edition. No statement was given.
- Tseldora - The management team is currently missing contact information for Tseldora, and cannot invite them to the contest. If they contact the management team, they will receive an invitation.
- Yarumayo - The management team is currently missing contact information for Yarumayo, and cannot invite them to the contest. If they contact the management team, they will receive an invitation.
- Vendujo - After a scandal regarding the behaviour of the Vendese delegation, it was determined that Vendujo would no longer be able to take part in Zendari Song Contest.