|Demokratiska Republiken Titonüi
|Motto: Ingenting är omöjligt
Nothing is impossible
|Anthem: "The Loophole"
by Garfunkel and Oates
Royal anthem: "Love Unlimited"
by Sofi Marinova
Location of Titonüi.
|•||Vice President||Jo Frost|
|Currency||Titonian Wammies (TTW)|
|Drives on the||right|
|ISO 3166 code||TN|
Titonüi is a country in the Zendari world.
History[edit | edit source]
Titonüi has existed for thousands of years, even going back to the vikings, but back then the only language spoken was Swedish. The flag was also different, but was changed in 1782 to the current flag. English was declared an official language as late as 1739, when over 25% of the population was speaking it. The reason why over 25% of the population was speaking English was because they were simply tired of Swedish, and demanded a change. Currently, 75% of the population speaks Swedish, 10% speaks English, 8% speaks Italian, 2% speaks Russian and 5% speaks other languages.
In 1991, Judy Sheindlin was elected the president, with a whopping 79.82% of the vote. Judy received extreme support all over Zendari when she, in 1999, decided that if you were caught being homophobic, you would go to jail for atleast 10 years, to a maximum of 25 years. Judy is said to be one of the best presidents of Titonüi, according to a survey made in 2015, and because she has been re-elected as the president for over 26 years.
In 2013, Judy Sheindlin made all internet service providers in Titonüi combine into one (called Wirefly), and made internet free of charge. However, Titonüi citizens can upgrade their internet speed if desired.
Facts about Titonüi[edit | edit source]
- There is only one ISP (internet service provider) in Titonüi. It is called Wirefly and is owned by the government. Every single citizen in Titonüi has free access to internet. If they feel the need, they can upgrade it if they wish, for a cost of 102 TTW ($10) per month, per device. The free internet speed goes up to 25 mbit/s, and the upgraded internet speed goes up to 250 mbit/s. The upload speed is roughly half of this. There is currently a project ongoing, where they are increasing the speed of the internet connection. The project was announced in April 2018, and is estimated to end in March 2019.
- In addition to the previous fact, all (free) wi-fi networks are open, so you can always have fast internet on the go.
- One TTW is worth roughly $0.098 USD.
- Around 90% of Titonian's are atheists, because they think that religion is a waste of time.
- Titonüi is a pretty large producer of fruit in general, and tends to send complimentary fruit baskets to countries around the world.
- Titonüi is also a big producer of pumpkins, sugar, potatoes, silk and vanilla.
- In late 2018, the breakaway republic of Menaphos was formed, in protest of the legalization of cannabis. It is unrecognized by most nations, including Titonüi.
Laws[edit | edit source]
- All forms of drugs (such as LSD and ecstasy) are banned. This does not include medication, such as sleeping pills, anti-depressants or cannabis. If you are caught doing drugs, you can go to jail for a minimum of 5 years, and up to 25 years.
- Cannabis was legalized on the 4th of July 2018, after a nation-wide poll was organized, where 74.4% of the population voted for the legalization of cannabis.
- All sexualities are widely accepted in Titonüi, and same-sex marriage has been legal since 1844. Also, since 1999, it is illegal to be homophobic. This includes name-calling, slandering, using the f-word, looking down on people because of their sexual orientation and burning the official pride flag. If you are caught, you could go to jail for 10 to 25 years.
- Pirating (downloading music, movies, games etc.) is legal.
- Tobacco is banned, and you can go to jail for a minimum of 1 year, and up to 15 years, if caught smoking.
National holidays[edit | edit source]
(New Years Day)
|January 1st||Celebrates the first day of the year in the Gregorian calendar.|
|March 3rd||Parades are held all over the country, and the entire population is invited to wear makeup for the entire day, regardless of gender. This is to celebrate equality. School, work and businesses are closed this day. First took place in 2018.|
|July 14th||Harrine Bravin Grybb is honored for being one of the most influential, kindest and honest people of the Zendari world. School, work and businesses are closed this day. First took place in 2018.|
|October 31st||The biggest holiday in Titonüi. Children and teens go out to ask for candy from neighbours. Homes, stores and streets are decorated to be scary. This is the Titonian version of Halloween.|
|Blackery Friday||The fourth Friday of November||Most stores are selling their products at a tremendous discount at this day.|
|December 24th||Family, friends and loved ones are gathered together to celebrate their love for eachother. Gifts are traded, and a tree is mounted and decorated in all homes. This is the Titonian version of Christmas.|
Cities in Titonüi[edit | edit source]
Titonian Venues[edit | edit source]
|Diamantpunkten||Titonovia||48,350||Built 2011. Mostly used for live concerts.|
|Cupola||Titonovia||10,900||This venue, which is a giant dome, hosts several indoor sport-related competitions.|
|KSU Arena||Nordale||66,750||Has a retractable roof. Built 2003.|
|Rasp Vinüri||Nordale||9,950||Built 2018.|
|Hyang-Donchi Arena||Senippiku||13,000||Built 2015.|
|The Square||Temekylopia||27,000||Built 1987.|
|Paramoisu Arena||Temekylopia||33,250||Built 1998.|
Citizens of Titonüi[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Titonüi/People