Zendari Song Contest 15
|Zendari Song Contest 15|
|Semi-final(s)||10 August 2019|
|Final||19 August 2019|
|Host city||City of Ir|
|Venue||Katie Price's Horse Field|
|Host broadcaster||Ir Broadcasting (IB)|
|Number of entries||43|
|Debuting countries|| Birmanda|
United Ecàlh Republic
|Returning countries|| Sutru|
|Withdrawing countries|| Cefloana|
St. Vitus & Roch
|Voting system||Each country awards 12, 10, then 8 through 1 points to their 10 favorite songs.|
|Winning song|| Violía|
|Zendari Song Contest|
Zendari Song Contest 15 is the fifteenth edition of Zendari Song Contest. It was hosted in City of Ir, Alirie, the winning country of the previous edition. The contest consisted of two semi-finals and a final.
43 countries participated in this edition, with 6 countries competing for the first time, 2 countries returning and a (record) 8 countries withdrawing from Zendari Song Contest.
- 1 Format
- 2 Location
- 3 Participating countries
- 4 International broadcasts and voting
- 5 Incidents
- 6 Other countries
- 7 See also
Format[edit | edit source]
There are no changes to the format of the contest this edition.
Location[edit | edit source]
A list of venues interested in hosting the fourteenth edition of Zendari Song Contest was revealed. 2 venues have been announced to have shown interest in hosting the contest. The ZBA announced the conditions under which cities and venues could announce their interest in hosting the contest.
- The host city has to be near a major airport.
- The venue must have good connections to public transport.
- The venue must be available for at least six weeks before the contest and one week after the conclusion of the contest.
- The venue must not be open-air, but an air-conditioned building with a capacity of at least 10,000 and a minimum ceiling height of 15 metres (49 ft), insulated for sound and light.
- The green room must be located as close to the arena as possible (or within it), with a capacity of 300.
|City of Ir||Katie Price's Horse Field||as many fit in the field||Only suitable alternative highlighted by the broadcaster, built on the horse field of Alirian Lead Engineer and co-head of delegation Katie Price.|
|St. Xaliria||Abor Shahn Arena||15,848||Alirie's main venue, was not chosen by the broadcaster due to the Themedari Song Contest 5 being held here.|
Participating countries[edit | edit source]
Semi Final 1[edit | edit source]
Semi Final 2[edit | edit source]
|03||Fokland||English||ANOHNI||"Drone Bomb Me"||16||44|
|04||Haña||French||Claire Laffut, Yseult||"Nudes"||6||73|
|06||Yakolira||English||Bear's Den||"Above The Clouds Of Pompeii"||18||19|
|07||Tibiris||English||Meg & Dia||"Roses"||19||10|
|10||Sutru||English||Ariana Grande, Liz Gillies||"Give It Up"||14||50|
|11||Wo Xi||Japanese||WEDNESDAY CAMPANELLA||”The Bamboo Princess”||5||75|
|14||Rhosỳna||English||Cheryl||"Let You"||15 ||48|
|15||Jiouji||English||Beach House||"Space Song"||17||37|
|18||Mond Sabyar||English||Flume, London Grammar||"Let You Know"||10||65|
Grand Final[edit | edit source]
International broadcasts and voting[edit | edit source]
The contest will be broadcasted in over 60 countries.
Spokespersons[edit | edit source]
Incidents[edit | edit source]
Eviction of Slayyyter[edit | edit source]
On the 18th of July 2019, former Alirian popstar "Slayyyter" had to be evicted from Katie Price's horse field as she had took to squatting underneath Katie's apple tree to escape the deadly rays of the sun. Alirian police had to remove Slayyyter from the premises as the now homeless woman was unwilling to leave and almost broke Katie Price's nose. Slayyyter was later charged with assault and treason under the City of Ir court. Slayyyter faces up to 40 years in prison with a possibility of capital punishment via stoning.
The IKEA Car Incident[edit | edit source]
On the 16th of July 2019, Alirian Engineer "Katie Price" headed to IKEA in her Fiat 500 to purchase a stage for the Zendari Song Contest which is to be hosted in her very own Horse Field however, after paying $149.99, the stage did not fit in Katie's car. Katie was left stranded in IKEA for almost 20 minutes before her brother arrived in his truck. Katie later saw a therapist and was admitted to hospital for trauma although she has now recovered and has pledged to never visit IKEA alone again so she will never have to suffer like she just had. A hotline has been opened for female survivors of being stranded at the store, please contact @officialkatieprice on instagram for more info.
Hañanian Entrant[edit | edit source]
On the 30th July 2019, it was revealed that Claire Laffut and Yseult represented Haña with their song "Nudes". However, this entrant was in the Üsmilar national selection for that edition, Smileyfestivalë 6, where it reached the superfinal and placed 2nd. The results were unknown of the national final at the time of this event, but they were soon to be revealed. Claire Laffut, was fined for representing another country by ÜTV, as it breaches the rules. However, COBRAH won the national selection with her song "GLUE", meaning ÜTV allowed Haña, to send Claire Laffut.
Other countries[edit | edit source]
Eligibility for potential participation in Zendari Song Contest requires a national broadcaster with an active ZBA membership that is be able to broadcast the contest. All countries with an active ZBA membership have been given an invitation to join this edition.
Active ZBA countries[edit | edit source]
- Cefloana, Kydziya - Both countries announced on the 20 June 2019 that they would cease to exist by the time of the fifteenth edition, unifying into newly formed country; Ceflodoziya.
- Jojo's Reich - The broadcaster for Jojo's Reich responded to an invitation with 'nah not this edition'.
- Gigabyte - Despite returning to the contest last edition after a 11-edition break, broadcaster GigaByteTV is assumed to be meditating having not voted or confirmed participation.
- Omiina - Due to internal problems within the Omiinan broadcaster, ONBS. Announced it's withdrawal from the contest on the 27 June 2019. A return in the future is likely.
- St. Vitus & Roch - During the previous edition, Vithan broadcaster, Víθs Radijos withdrew from the contest halfway through the voting period. It is assumed that the country will be unlikely to return in the near future.
- Sierra - Having not voted during the grand final of the previous edition, SPB announced that it would withdraw from this edition, citing time and budget constraints. It is assumed that the country will likely return in the near future.
Inactive ZBA countries[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]