Zendari Song Contest 10
|Zendari Song Contest 10|
"Let Your Body Talk"
|Semi-final(s)||5 December 2018|
|Host broadcaster||Milking Channel (MILK)|
|Opening act||Semi Final 1: Neon Trees performing "Animal"|
Semi Final 2: Gossip performing "Move in the Right Direction"
Grand Final: Home on the Range performing "Little Patch of Heaven"
|Interval act||Semi Final 1: Mike Oldfield & Luke Spiller performing "Moonshine" |
Semi Final 2: Trace Adkins performing "Brown Chicken Brown Cow"
Grand Final: The Struts performing "Primadonna Like Me" and "Body Talks"
|Number of entries||57 (46 + 11 guests)|
|Guest countries|| Carlamastia|
|Returning countries|| Heda Nation|
|Withdrawing countries|| Cine|
|Voting system||Semi Final 1, 2 & Grand Final|
Each country awards 12, 10, then 8 through 1 points to their 10 favorite songs.
Semi Final 3
Each country ranks all songs from 1st to 10th (and 11th for countries not competing in the third semi-final)
|Zendari Song Contest|
Zendari Song Contest 10 is the tenth edition of Zendari Song Contest. It will most likely be hosted in the winning country of the previous edition. The contest will consist of three semi-finals and a final. This is the first edition to include more than two semi-finals.
The third semi-final will only include countries on the waiting list. There will be no debutants for this edition. The three qualifiers from the third semi-final will be invited to join the main contest, regardless of their position on the waiting list.
If any new country wishes to join, please visit the Joining Zendari Song Contest page for more info.
- 1 Format
- 2 Location
- 3 Pots
- 4 Returning artists
- 5 Participating countries
- 6 International broadcasts and voting
- 7 Other countries
- 8 See also
For the first time since edition #2, edition #10 saw a format change (which is exclusive to edition #10).
All countries on the waiting list were invited to join the contest as a guest, and the nations who accepted the invitation are all set to compete in an exclusive third semi-final. The third semi-final has a changed voting system, where the countries must rank the entries from best to worst. The three countries who have the highest average rank will advance to the grand final, and will be offered to debut in the following edition, regardless of their position on the waiting list. The other two semi-finals remain unchanged, and follow the original voting system. All countries are invited to vote in this semi-final, including non-participating countries.
No international jurors
In order to prevent the grand final from being over-filled, the international juror system in the semi-finals have been removed for the remainder of the edition. This means that the participating countries are only allowed to vote in their own semi-final, and in the third semi-final. For example, if a country is set to compete in the first semi-final, they may only vote in the first semi-final and the third semi-final, meaning that they may not cast any votes for the second semi-final.
On the 19th of November 2018, a list of venues interested in hosting the tenth edition of Zendari Song Contest was revealed.
Three venues have been announced to have shown interest in hosting the contest. The ZBA announced the conditions under which cities and venues could announce their interest in hosting the contest.
- The host city has to be near a major airport.
- The venue must have good connections to public transport.
- The venue must be available for at least six weeks before the contest and one week after the conclusion of the contest.
- The venue must not be open-air, but an air-conditioned building with a capacity of at least 10,000 and a minimum ceiling height of 15 metres (49 ft), insulated for sound and light.
- The green room must be located as close to the arena as possible (or within it), with a capacity of 300.
|Farmville||Dairy Centre||11,300||The Dairy Centre is mostly used for fashion shows and produce competitions, but it is big enough to host other events too. They are very happy to get the chance of hosting a big event like Zendari Song Contest.|
|Hay||Meadow Park||10,450||A cozy outdoor arena. This arena does not fully comply to all of the conditions, as it is open-air. There are also high chances of rain, which would probably ruin the show and the cows would be unhappy.|
|MosCow||Scintillate Arena||35,100||Scintillate Arena is the biggest arena in Moo. However, as the venue recently hosted the fourth edition of Zendarifestivalen, they recently decided to step down to let someone else host another Zendari event.|
Pots for the Zendari Song Contest are based off of voting patterns. The pots will be used for semi final allocations for the 10th edition of Zendari Song Contest.
|Pot A||Pot B||Pot C|
|Pot D||Pot E||Pot F|
Although these countries are automatic qualifiers for this edition, each country has still been assigned a pot.
- Sierra would have been in Pot A.
- Kydziya and Shairia would both have been in Pot C.
- Junker and Moo would both have been in Pot E.
|Alotraxia||Marie-Mai||"Je décolle"||#7 (for Alotraxia)|
|Cefloana||Kate Linn||"Your Love"||#9 (for Cefloana)|
|Elune||Betta Lemme||"Vagues d'amour"||#3 (for Diversia)|
|Fokland||SOPHIE||"It's Okay To Cry"||#2 (for Wo Xi)|
#4 (for Fokland)
|Kydziya||Yves||"New"||#4 (for Sierra apart of LOONA)|
|Pōuto||Malbek ft. Syuzanna||"Volnuet Menya"||#2 (for Teardrop Islands)|
|Shairia||Charli XCX (featuring Troye Sivan)</smasll>||"1999"||#7 (for Nuevo Province)|
|Titonüi||Dotter||"Evolution"||#4 (for Vasseau)|
|Vashia||Tessa Violet||"Not Over You"||#1 (for Kalos Republic)|
|Zerox||Within Temptation (featuring Anders Friden)||"Raise Your Banner"||#2 (for Achalasia)|
#7 (for Vashia)
#9 (for Junker)
Semi Final 1
Semi Final 2
Semi Final 3
Everyone is invited to vote in this semi-final.
|Draw||Country||Artist||Language||Song||Place||Avg. Rank [?]|
|01||Phillipino Islands||Lali ft. Pabllo Vittar||Spanish, Portuguese||"Caliente"||5||5.75|
|06||Omiina||Alexiane||English||"A Million On My Soul"|
|07||Epral||L Devine||English||"Peer Pressure"||7||6.03|
|08||Mond Sabyar||Grimes||English||"Kill V. Maim"||4||5.47|
|09||Karanova||Miike Snow||English||"Genghis Khan"||8||6.19|
|04 ||Moo||No Rome ft. The 1975||English||"Narcissist"|
|Shairia||Charli XCX & Troye Sivan||English||"1999"|
International broadcasts and voting
The contest will be broadcasted in over 60 countries.
Eligibility for potential participation in Zendari Song Contest normally requires a national broadcaster with an active ZBA membership that is be able to broadcast the contest. All countries with an active ZBA membership have been given an invitation to join this edition.
Active ZBA countries
- Cine - Colleagues Is Lovingly Fantastic (CILF) announced very early that they were considering withdrawing from Zendari Song Contest for one edition. Their withdrawal was confirmed on the 13th of November 2018. A return in the eleventh edition is very likely.
- Draydal - On 14 November 2018, the Draydials Broadcaster (DB) announced their withdrawal from the contest, citing financial crisis and budget restrictions as factors that influenced this decision. A return in the eleventh edition is "likely".
- Sakao - On the 14th of November 2018, shortly after the results of the previous edition, Sakao Broadcast Corporation (SBC) was asked about their participation in edition #10. The delegation promptly answered the question with "fucking chaos", and stated that they would return in the following edition.
- Xaliqtyva - On the 13th of November 2018, Xaliqtyva Muzyka Viaščaĺnik (XMV) announced that they were seeking interest in returning to Zendari Song Contest again. However, the management team has put their invitation on hold, along with the following statement; "edition #10 is looking like it's going to be full, but we will do our best to ensure that Xaliqtyva can return to the contest". A final statement will be released in the coming days.
Inactive ZBA countries
- Gaeltiracht - Gaeltiracht failed to accept or decline the invitation to participate in the contest as a guest, and as a result, was not included in this edition.
- Gilead - Gilead failed to accept or decline the invitation to participate in the contest as a guest, and as a result, was not included in this edition.
- Hexia - On the 30th of October 2018, Hexian National Media (HNM) declined the invitation to participate as a guest this edition, with the reason that "we wish to give the chance for other waiting list countries to compete, we have no problem with waiting".
- Kiastirrá - On the 29th of October 2018, Kimotén Tilinviso Giatokak (KTG) declined the invitation to participate as a guest this edition, and requested to be removed from the waiting list. Their reason behind the action was that "we have no interest in Zendari Song Contest anymore".
- Konismir - Konismir failed to accept or decline the invitation to participate in the contest as a guest, and as a result, was not included in this edition.
- Liberland - Liberland failed to accept or decline the invitation to participate in the contest as a guest, and as a result, was not included in this edition.
- Orontonia - On the 29th of October 2018, Television of Orontonia (TOO) declined the invitation to participate as a guest this edition, with the reason that "we are currently not interested to participate in Zendari Song Contest".
- Sangviland - On the 29th of October 2018, Sangviniska Television och Radio (STR) declined the invitation to participate as a guest this edition. They gave no reason behind the declined invitation.
- Schymanland - On the 30th of October 2018, the delegation of Schymanland declined the invitation to participate as a guest this edition. No statement was given.
- Tseldora - The management team was missing contact information for Tseldora, and could not invite them to the contest.
- Yarumayo - The management team was missing contact information for Yarumayo, and could not invite them to the contest.
- Vendujo - After a scandal regarding the behaviour of the Vendese delegation, it was determined that Vendujo would no longer be able to take part in Zendari Song Contest.